The novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is spreading globally at an exponential rate, resulting in the 2019-20 coronavirus pandemic, as declared by the World Health Organization (WHO). Confirmed cases of the disease are doubling every 3-5 days in most countries of the world.
During this time of unprecedented uncertainty, all of us here at Intersoft are concerned about the safety and well-being of our colleagues and their families, customers, and partners.
Our prayers go out to those who have been affected personally by this outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are conscious of the significant disruption and impact this can have on our employees, clients, partners and the communities in which we operate. We are working hard to contain and mitigate its impact.
In today’s challenging environment, we want to provide you with more information as to how we are securing our business and, in turn, yours.
The primary objectives of our response are to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees and partners worldwide, to deliver on our commitments to clients. Intersoft is taking multiple steps to ensure that, even as we deal with this unprecedented situation, we deliver on our key client deliverables, while following local government advisories and directives, and ensuring the safety of our employees and communities.
Company Assurance for Customers
All our office locations, around the world, are currently operating on a minimally-staffed basis or completely shut down in compliance with local government requirements. Intersoft team have developed Business Continuity Plans (BCP) to respond to disruptive incidents, such as COVID-19, while safeguarding the health of our employees and minimizing the impact on the delivery of services to you.
To ensure continuity for our client delivery, we have taken the following actions:
- Enabled remote working or Work From Home (WFH) for our employees worldwide via secure laptop and desktops. For the majority of teams, work can be conducted through remote connections, which enables teams to work off-site for most tasks. Engineers around the globe are working separately and remotely where possible to mitigate the risk of an entire team becoming infected. Employees who must be on-site are applying social distancing and hygiene protocols based on guidance from WHO.
- We are working every day to ensure that there is no disruption to any of our clients’ critical operations and communicating regularly with clients.
- Bringing additional focus to communication, co-ordination and partnership with clients.
- Implemented the agreed-upon business continuity plans in coordination with our clients.
- Published guidelines for employees to work from home.
- Increased bandwidth capacities for our data networks.
- Safety On-Site: Where on-site work is required (for example, working at data centre locations), staff who are on-site to accomplish specific tasks are spending only the minimum time required in locations. Additionally, teams have implemented rotating schedules to reduce the number of people in a single location and to separate individuals in common teams as much as possible. In data centre locations, Intersoft has also sourced masks and hand sanitizers for the protection of on-site technicians, if required. Intersoft is taking extensive measures to ensure the safety its employees. These include increased sanitization of all our office premises, removal of biometric scanners, installation of thermal scanners, daily communication updates, restricted movements in common areas, closure of recreational facilities and avoiding large gatherings.
- Our Suppliers/Partners: Intersoft operations are supported by a number of strategic suppliers/Partners and we are in contact with all of them continually to ensure they apply comparable mitigation practices with their teams, while still maintaining service levels. For those who supply operational resources, we are focusing on scheduling and in-office practices to reduce the impact of any potential event. Finally, we are maintaining a database of updates and feedback from suppliers to ensure we can quickly locate and confirm documented information outlining the COVID-19 protocols and practices they are supporting.
For Intersoft maintenance and support functions, we have Business Continuity Plans in place that are activated on demand. All internal systems, tools, monitors, etc. are designed to allow for remote work. We have already activated these measures worldwide with no disruption in service. Likewise, Intersoft consulting services are working from remote locations in consultation with our customer.
Company Guidance to Employees
Notable actions include but are not limited to:
- Restricted all travel (both domestic and international).
- Intersoft has advised all its employees to Work From Home (WFH) wherever possible, and we are taking all reasonable steps to ensure continued service delivery to our clients.
- Initiating split-team options and select staff segregation for business-critical roles/functions.
- Cancelled employee participation in conferences, trade shows, and other in-person business events.
- Restricting virtually all employee travel. Exceptions will be determined by Intersoft’s management in consultation with our customers and in accordance with government regulations.
- Extending our mandate to conduct only business-critical travel through the end of April, which, as always, is subject to local regulatory guidance and restrictions.
- Instructed employees who have travelled to any of the impacted countries, in the last 30 days, or any employee that came in contact with an infected person, to follow the precautionary self-quarantine requirements of the local government directives.
- Initiated extensive communication via SMS, email, mobile apps, websites to employees and partners.
- Advice for teams to create regular online/phone meetings with team leaders.